Author Topic: FTP Upload Queue  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
FTP Upload Queue
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:24:35 AM »
Hi,

I was sending a large batch of images last night via FTP and suddenly realized that a bunch of them had not been correctly renamed (my fault). As they were a fair way down the list in the FTP Upload window I figured I could easily delete them from the FTP queue, then rename them correctly and add them back to the queue. Whilst I was able to do this ok, a couple of ideas occurred to me to make the process easier.

1. I found that I could only select and delete one image from the FTP queue at a time. It would be very helpful if it was possible to select multiple images, by either shift-clicking (for a contiguous batch) or command-clicking the chosen images and then delete them from the queue. Also, in order to delete a selected image from the queue one has to click on the trashcan button. It would be easier to be able to simply hit the delete key - or maybe command-delete for added safety.

2. It would be very useful to be able to click & drag images in the FTP queue to rearrange the sending order.

What do you think, Kirk?  Any chance these changes could be incorporated into PM?

Cheers,

Paul Smith

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP Upload Queue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:08:30 AM »
Paul,

I was sending a large batch of images last night via FTP and suddenly realized that a bunch of them had not been correctly renamed (my fault). As they were a fair way down the list in the FTP Upload window I figured I could easily delete them from the FTP queue, then rename them correctly and add them back to the queue. Whilst I was able to do this ok, a couple of ideas occurred to me to make the process easier.

1. I found that I could only select and delete one image from the FTP queue at a time. It would be very helpful if it was possible to select multiple images, by either shift-clicking (for a contiguous batch) or command-clicking the chosen images and then delete them from the queue. Also, in order to delete a selected image from the queue one has to click on the trashcan button. It would be easier to be able to simply hit the delete key - or maybe command-delete for added safety.

2. It would be very useful to be able to click & drag images in the FTP queue to rearrange the sending order.

What do you think, Kirk?  Any chance these changes could be incorporated into PM?

We've considered doing those in the past.  There were always higher priority items that needed to be done first however.  I'm not sure when we'll implement them, but yes, both are worthwhile additions to the upload progress dialog.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »
I also requested for a pause option for the transfer as it often happens in the field that some other task needs more bandwith or something else needs to be done first.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »
I also requested for a pause option for the transfer as it often happens in the field that some other task needs more bandwith or something else needs to be done first.

Kirk,
I also think that a pause option would really be nice. I have more than once started uploading files and then realized connection was not good at all in that particular time or place...
TIA

-Luiz Muzzi