Author Topic: Useless "save as" error  (Read 3392 times)

Offline keydet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Useless "save as" error
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:18:43 AM »
Tried a "save as" today with my usual settings (JPG, preserve EXIF, rename with "sm{filename}", apply crop, scale to fit 800 px box, 72 ppi, sRGB, use JPG) and got an error message before the first selected file was converted:

"There were errors during the Save As operation."

Very helpful.  ???  Any clues as to what could trigger this message?  Plenty of room on destination disk.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Useless "save as" error
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:10:23 AM »
Tried a "save as" today with my usual settings (JPG, preserve EXIF, rename with "sm{filename}", apply crop, scale to fit 800 px box, 72 ppi, sRGB, use JPG) and got an error message before the first selected file was converted:

"There were errors during the Save As operation."

Very helpful.  ???  Any clues as to what could trigger this message?  Plenty of room on destination disk.

No, but could you post a screen shot of your Save As dialog?  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline keydet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:57:27 AM »
Re-started PM and it worked.  Weird.

Offline NCStringer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
Same thing happens to me. After captioning photos..then highlighting and going to "Save As"..get the error message. Close down and reopen PS and it works. Do not remember having this problem with 4.7.6

Offline LowEyeEssOh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »
I too get this on occasion.  To remedy the problem I exit PM and then restart it.   Always seems to fix the problem.   Peter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:01:50 PM »
I too get this on occasion.  To remedy the problem I exit PM and then restart it.   Always seems to fix the problem.   Peter

More than likely PM has run out of large enough blocks of free memory in order to handle the full size image in memory.  Restarting PM will of course start over with an un-fragmented memory pool.

-Kirk