Author Topic: Corrupted NEF file  (Read 1842 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Corrupted NEF file
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
I use OSX 10.5.8 and PM latest beta expiring march 31.

I am captioning some NEF files on my hard drive. Some of them captioned fine as usual but after some time Some of them first then second in a selection started producing error during apply stationery. Then the photo that previously displayed fine preview now reads as unsupported format.

This behavior is strange and I am afraid to continue unless knowing what might have happened.

I tried to close and reopen the contact sheet. It seems all the files are unaffected and some prior IPTC changes like color rating was undone (which I cannot imagine to be possible).
I repeated the action and all IPTC changes seem to be done correctly this time without any error messages.

Have you ever see something similar?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Corrupted NEF file
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:01:09 PM »
Szurkebarat,

I use OSX 10.5.8 and PM latest beta expiring march 31.

I am captioning some NEF files on my hard drive. Some of them captioned fine as usual but after some time Some of them first then second in a selection started producing error during apply stationery. Then the photo that previously displayed fine preview now reads as unsupported format.

This behavior is strange and I am afraid to continue unless knowing what might have happened.

I tried to close and reopen the contact sheet. It seems all the files are unaffected and some prior IPTC changes like color rating was undone (which I cannot imagine to be possible).
I repeated the action and all IPTC changes seem to be done correctly this time without any error messages.

Have you ever see something similar?

I don't think so, but it's hard to say without having a sample file to investigate.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk