Author Topic: Hasselblad Files - Round 2  (Read 4084 times)

Offline stevecoleimages

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hasselblad Files - Round 2
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:20:02 PM »
Ultimate Profession Workflow Tool??? Uh? what?

Ultimate Profession Workflow Tool - does not support Hasselbald files, .3FR or .FFF

Flip through a group of selected photos at high resolution -  - not Hasselbald files, .FR3 or .fff

Photo Mechanic's powerful Ingest utility lets you copy images from media cards - does a great job
but will nt rename Hasselblad files on import

You can quickly rotate, preview - preview what, a gray box?

Photomechanic, please take it up a notch & support Hasselblad RAW .3FR & .FFF files, I bet 5% of your sales comes from
me recommending PM to other photographers who shoot Canon, Nikon, etc… editing & metadata is simply
the best, even cataloging & searching for images using PM is the BEST - keep moving forward & support Hasselblad!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Hasselblad Files - Round 2
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »
Steve,

Ultimate Profession Workflow Tool??? Uh? what?

Ultimate Profession Workflow Tool - does not support Hasselbald files, .3FR or .FFF

Flip through a group of selected photos at high resolution -  - not Hasselbald files, .FR3 or .fff

Photo Mechanic's powerful Ingest utility lets you copy images from media cards - does a great job
but will nt rename Hasselblad files on import

You can quickly rotate, preview - preview what, a gray box?

Photomechanic, please take it up a notch & support Hasselblad RAW .3FR & .FFF files, I bet 5% of your sales comes from
me recommending PM to other photographers who shoot Canon, Nikon, etc… editing & metadata is simply
the best, even cataloging & searching for images using PM is the BEST - keep moving forward & support Hasselblad!

Honestly, I'd like to support your camera.  Unfortunately that means figuring out how to render proprietary Hasselblad files since they don't contain any usable previews in them, and Hasselblad has not furnished any information about their file format, even when requested.  We're a small company and we have to pick and choose our battles.  If Hasselblad sold tens of thousands of cameras then it would indeed be wise to put aside some other high priority features in order to support the camera.  I don't think Phase One, Leaf, Mamiya, and Hasselblad combined have sold 100,000 cameras, do you?

I can't imagine that your word of mouth plugging our product would result in an increase of 5% over our current sales, and I'm sure that was in jest, right?

I really would like to support your camera.  Perhaps you could talk to Hasselblad and request that they publish the specifications to their file format and even better, provide a reference-standard open source renderer for their file format?  Maybe start a petition?

Kind regards,

-Kirk