Author Topic: Image orientation  (Read 6314 times)

Offline Paul Skelcher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • photography
Image orientation
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:37:50 PM »
Hello,
Many photobuyers consistently search for "horizontal" or "vertical" among keywords.

How about a box, say, under the word "Keywords", on the "IPTC info for.." and the "IPTC Stationery" panels, that could be blank, or marked "H", or "V"?  Entering "H" or "V" would automatically enter "horizontal" or "vertical" into the keyword field, and vice versa, and the feature could be applied to a batch via the Stationery Pad.

Not only would it be quicker and less liable to error than typing "horizontal" or "vertical", or forgetting to click the word across from Master to Current Keywords List, but the marked box would affirm correct orientation to each image when performing a quick final IPTC check on a group of images.

Thanks,
Paul Skelcher

Offline mbrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Image orientation
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »
Or you could put them into your code replacement text files.  Then type \h\ or \v\

Offline Paul Skelcher

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • photography
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »
Thanks mbrown,

Have to confess that I'm new at this.  Till now I only associated "code" with Da Vinci or Morse, but I have followed your suggestion easily enough and look forward to speeding up the whole process.

Paul

Offline mbrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »
Sorry Paul I should have went into more detail, but the code replacement feature is awesome.  I covered the World Superbikes over the weekend and it sped up my workflow heaps.  I set up a txt file with the rider number & name all I had to do was put the rider number in and up came the name.

Offline Eagle66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »
Is this feature implement now ???

It will nice to have a variable in keywords {orientation} which calculates from the image the words "horizontal" or "vertical"  :) -> {aspect} > 1.0 = horizontal.

code replacement is to time-consuming because keywords are all pre-safed for all images in Stationery pad.

Thanks R.

Offline Ethan Welty

• View Profile
    • Ethan Welty Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 10:50:20 AM »
I'm going to resurrect this very old thread to express my support for an {orientation} variable. I would hope to use it during ingest to embed the keyword "horizontal" or "vertical" automatically into each photo, or in bulk after some manual rotations if I was concerned the camera-assigned orientations weren't quite right.

Could this be implemented?
thanks.