Author Topic: {frame4} variable  (Read 4574 times)

Offline runner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
{frame4} variable
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »
Hi
I've fitted a new faster hard drive in my MacBook, i've reinstalled PM, & all my settings, which all work fine, all but the {frame4} variable, which prior to reinstalling would always return the correct result even with saved images, which were saved with the preserve Exif  info unticked.
Can you advise me please?

13 MacBook Pro
2  GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
OS 10.6.6
Nikon D300s
JPEG
PM 4.6.6
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:49:31 PM by runner »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: {frame4} variable
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 04:34:02 PM »
I've fitted a new faster hard drive in my MacBook, i've reinstalled PM, & all my settings, which all work fine, all but the {frame4} variable, which prior to reinstalling would always return the correct result even with saved images, which were saved with the preserve Exif  info unticked.
Can you advise me please?

If the images are no longer of the format DSC_NNNN.JPG (or one of the other DCIM filename formats) then the frame number would have to be stored in either the PM-specific data (which would have been generated during Ingest) or in the Nikon Maker Note data.  If the image number wasn't saved (because Ingest wasn't used) or the Nikon Maker Note data doesn't exist, then frame number information is not available.

How did these images get onto your system?

-Kirk

Offline runner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:46:02 AM »
Thanks Kirk
90 percent of ingesting is done with the PM ingest, i'm thinking the PM-specific data or Nikon Maker Notes data is available but i'm not accessing it correctly.
I've just tested saving an image without renaming (DSC_NNNN.JPG) & with the preserve Exif  info unticked, with that saved image for example i can resave & use the {frame4} variable to return the correct result.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:50:29 AM by runner »

Offline runner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »
Hi
I still loose the ability to re rename files with the {frame4} variable if i remove DSC from the file name, the frame number isn't available when it has been in the passed, so I'm confused as to why.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:29:56 AM by runner »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:48 AM »
I still loose the ability to re rename files with the {frame4} variable if i remove DSC from the file name, the frame number isn't available when it has been in the passed, so I'm confused as to why.

Could we have a sample file from you?  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk