Author Topic: Exposure Manager  (Read 2899 times)

Offline PhenomPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exposure Manager
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:27:23 PM »
I've read thru some of the responses here, conducted a few tests and have gotten unexplainable results.

I swear PM added a directory to the location I was uploading images to. That si contrary to what I've read what PM does.

This would be enourmously helpful given I separate images into folders during ingest, and moving them up to EM in the directory structure would make like very very easy for me.

Any hope at all?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Exposure Manager
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:14:51 PM »
I've read thru some of the responses here, conducted a few tests and have gotten unexplainable results.

I swear PM added a directory to the location I was uploading images to. That si contrary to what I've read what PM does.

This would be enourmously helpful given I separate images into folders during ingest, and moving them up to EM in the directory structure would make like very very easy for me.

Any hope at all?

As far as I can remember, their API doesn't offer a whole lot of control over the upload process and requires sending a notification after all files have been uploaded rather than after each file is uploaded (like all of the other services do.)  I think it may be easier to just FTP the images there, and then go to the website and tell it to process the photos directly.

-Kirk

Offline TiggerGTO

• View Profile
Re: Exposure Manager
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »
I have used Photo Mechanic to upload to ExposureManager.  Like Kirk suggests, I eventually ended up switching to use Photo Mechanic's FTP support to upload the pictures and then using Exposure Manager's web interface to kick off the processing.  I had too many problems trying to use the ExposureManager uploader, and I don't think it is Photo Mechanic's fault.

Danny