Author Topic: Ingest keeps PM from quitting  (Read 4349 times)

Offline rsorbo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest keeps PM from quitting
« on: September 21, 2006, 01:12:52 PM »
Hi Kirk:

I'm using PM 4.4.3.2 and I'm running into the problem that when trying to quit PM a window pop-up saying ingesting is still taking place but all ingest windows show completed.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Thanks!

Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest keeps PM from quitting
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 02:08:39 PM »
Rob,

I'm using PM 4.4.3.2 and I'm running into the problem that when trying to quit PM a window pop-up saying ingesting is still taking place but all ingest windows show completed.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Try closing them first.  Let me know if that does or does not fix the problem.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline rsorbo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 03:30:37 PM »
Yes, I do that and it works.
It can be a little frustrating to have to close multiple boxes to close out of PM, however.
How about all the ingesting info could be listed in one box and only have a warning dialog come up if there is actually an ingest still taking place before quitting.
I don't see the reason I have to choose to quit if all the ingests have been successful.
By the way, I finally had a chance to play with code replacement at the last football game. What an "A ha!!" moment that was. Really saved me a bunch of time. Thanks for that!

Best,

Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »
Rob,

Yes, I do that and it works.
It can be a little frustrating to have to close multiple boxes to close out of PM, however.
How about all the ingesting info could be listed in one box and only have a warning dialog come up if there is actually an ingest still taking place before quitting.

The reason there isn't just one box is that you can have multiple card readers and have multiple Ingest sessions going on all at the same time (in parallel) and each one needs its own Cancel button and error list.

Quote from: rsorbo
I don't see the reason I have to choose to quit if all the ingests have been successful.

Now that I can go with.  If all are complete without errors and you quit the program, then PM should just close them for you.  I'll look into that for version 4.5.

Quote from: rsorbo
By the way, I finally had a chance to play with code replacement at the last football game. What an "A ha!!" moment that was. Really saved me a bunch of time. Thanks for that!

It is very useful isn't it?

See the Code Replacement section for code replacement files uploaded by other users for various sports.

-Kirk

Offline rsorbo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:20:04 PM »
Thanks Kirk!   :D