Author Topic: Favorite Files, virtual favorites, paths only, Cataloging?  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Geoffrey Hervey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Favorite Files, virtual favorites, paths only, Cataloging?
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
I am not sure whether this is a feature that is under development or one that I have overlooked.

Using Favorites, I can have a quick link to Folders that I want to visit, but apparently not to specific files.  This means that, if I want a collection of favorite images, I have to move them out of their proper directory or copy them to some kind of Favorites directory, either of which has problems.  My recollection from using Bridge (which I stopped using years ago when I started using PM...) is that I could drag files to a Favorites type location, but that would not copy or move the file, it would only store its location.

In skimming the threads on this forum, it seems as though the developers have plans to add this sort of function to PM.  Has that been done yet?  If so, what is it called?  If not, is that feature under development?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Favorite Files, virtual favorites, paths only, Cataloging?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
I am not sure whether this is a feature that is under development or one that I have overlooked.

Using Favorites, I can have a quick link to Folders that I want to visit, but apparently not to specific files.  This means that, if I want a collection of favorite images, I have to move them out of their proper directory or copy them to some kind of Favorites directory, either of which has problems.  My recollection from using Bridge (which I stopped using years ago when I started using PM...) is that I could drag files to a Favorites type location, but that would not copy or move the file, it would only store its location.

In skimming the threads on this forum, it seems as though the developers have plans to add this sort of function to PM.  Has that been done yet?  If so, what is it called?  If not, is that feature under development?

Our cataloging solution which is in development should make it easy to view files in groups like you described.

-Kirk

Offline Geoffrey Hervey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Files, virtual favorites, paths only, Cataloging?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 06:28:43 PM »
Looking forward.  PM is great.  Thanks for all of your hard work, and thanks for keeping PM reasonably priced.