Author Topic: Renamed Filename into IPTC  (Read 3701 times)

Offline dbacksjon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Renamed Filename into IPTC
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:16:32 PM »
Hey all,
I read many posts on this topic but many were from 2 years or so ago. Has any movement been made Kirk to allow for the renamed filename to be tucked away in the IPTC data during initial ingest without having to do a second IPTC application?

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
Re: Renamed Filename into IPTC
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:33:26 AM »
Hey all,
I read many posts on this topic but many were from 2 years or so ago. Has any movement been made Kirk to allow for the renamed filename to be tucked away in the IPTC data during initial ingest without having to do a second IPTC application?

Awesome idea....
Perhaps a button that would apply permanently saved stationary pads to selected images without opening any dialogs (except a warning).
Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 09:54:35 AM »
Hey all,

No, due to the architecture of PM, it just isn't possible at this time.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
the renamed filename to be tucked away in the IPTC data during initial ingest without having to do a second IPTC application?

If you use a predictable renaming string like I do using {year2}{month0}{day0}{frame4}
then you can use this string in any of the IPTC fields (I use it in 4 of them during Ingest just to be sure) so your wish is already done.

Just make sure you use in the IPTC the exactly same rename string you use in the ingest dialog for setting the filename.

As I see it the only case it won't work when you use a {seqn} variable as it increases each time you use it. But all other variables are constant for each photo so you can use them any time during the ingest even in the IPTC.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com