Author Topic: multiple types of tags?  (Read 2099 times)

Offline rpasley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
multiple types of tags?
« on: March 18, 2011, 07:46:13 AM »
One of the few limitations I run in to with PM has to do with quickly isolating selects of varying levels of value. Color class and ratings are very good of course, but you cannot view by these criteria in the pulldown view menu.  I often want to quickly see where I am in my overall editing process by isolating current selects only (for which tags are perfect) but I want the ability to react with more than just "tagged" or "untagged". You should consider the addition of a few different types of tags to help in the editing process. In addition to the current "check", maybe an "x" or something, so that one can further edit while viewing tagged images only.

I know that I could change color class or ratings in these cases, but that does not allow for further sorting or selecting WITHIN a subset of selects...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: multiple types of tags?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:03:28 AM »
One of the few limitations I run in to with PM has to do with quickly isolating selects of varying levels of value. Color class and ratings are very good of course, but you cannot view by these criteria in the pulldown view menu.  I often want to quickly see where I am in my overall editing process by isolating current selects only (for which tags are perfect) but I want the ability to react with more than just "tagged" or "untagged". You should consider the addition of a few different types of tags to help in the editing process. In addition to the current "check", maybe an "x" or something, so that one can further edit while viewing tagged images only.

I know that I could change color class or ratings in these cases, but that does not allow for further sorting or selecting WITHIN a subset of selects...

Use color classes and the color class filter widget in the bottom right corner of the screen to filter your color labels.  You can also filter by rating by using the ratings filter widget next to the color class filter widget.

-Kirk