Author Topic: Closing Save As dialog  (Read 3239 times)

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Closing Save As dialog
« on: March 30, 2011, 03:12:24 AM »
Is it possible to add a Close option in the Save As dialog in the same manner as with the Ingest and IPTC Stationary Pad please ?

At present I am unable to find a way to preset the settings to a snapshot of my choice, or reset them to my default choice, and then closing the dialog without actually carrying out the command first. Currently if I use the command to resize and save images for a website for example there is no easy way to then reset this for images for publication requirements.

I appreciate that there may be a good reason for not including this option in this particular dialog but it does seem strange when it is available in so many others.

Thanks.

Using PM v4.6.4 / Mac OSX 10.5.8

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Closing Save As dialog
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:37:53 AM »
Is it possible to add a Close option in the Save As dialog in the same manner as with the Ingest and IPTC Stationary Pad please ?

At present I am unable to find a way to preset the settings to a snapshot of my choice, or reset them to my default choice, and then closing the dialog without actually carrying out the command first. Currently if I use the command to resize and save images for a website for example there is no easy way to then reset this for images for publication requirements.

Can't you just select your 'publication' snapshot the next time you open up the dialog?  You can make as many snapshots as you want without actually saving anything.

-Kirk

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Re: Closing Save As dialog
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
Yes it is possible to select the relevant Save As snapshot at the point of use as with the other dialogs but, as with the other dialogs, having a Close option would allow a user to have Save As set up in advance rather than having the extra change to make to settings when working to a deadline.