Author Topic: EXPIRED???  (Read 7986 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
EXPIRED???
« on: March 30, 2011, 05:05:37 AM »
I am using PM 4.6.7 beta 3 in Win Vista 64.

Today when I opened a folder that I had opened yesterday, the filename shown below one of the thumbnails what shown as "EXPIRED". When I double clicked on it to change it, it showed the correct file name. In  Windows Explorer it shows the correct file name. Refreshing or Rescanning in PM does not correct this.

When I open the preview window for the image in PM, no image is displayed and the thumbnail at the bottom is the file strip is also blank, although the correct file name shows at the top of the screen.

Attemping to rename the file does not work.

Closing the window and reopening it did not fix this, nor did closing PM and reopening it.

I've never seen this before. What's going on and how do I fix it?

Mick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: EXPIRED???
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:40:50 AM »
Mick,

I am using PM 4.6.7 beta 3 in Win Vista 64.

Today when I opened a folder that I had opened yesterday, the filename shown below one of the thumbnails what shown as "EXPIRED". When I double clicked on it to change it, it showed the correct file name. In  Windows Explorer it shows the correct file name. Refreshing or Rescanning in PM does not correct this.

When I open the preview window for the image in PM, no image is displayed and the thumbnail at the bottom is the file strip is also blank, although the correct file name shows at the top of the screen.

Attemping to rename the file does not work.

Closing the window and reopening it did not fix this, nor did closing PM and reopening it.

I've never seen this before. What's going on and how do I fix it?

The capture date/time of your photo is beyond the expire date of the beta.  Check the date/time in your camera.  We do this to keep people from setting the date of their computer back in order to keep using expiring versions of Photo Mechanic.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Re: EXPIRED???
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:52:50 AM »
Thanks, Kirk. An image I had overlooked when I found a wrong camera clock setting in January.

Mick