Author Topic: Customizable tabbed browsing in IPTC dialogue and more + boxes  (Read 6142 times)

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Customizable tabbed browsing in IPTC dialogue and more + boxes
« on: September 22, 2006, 04:12:15 PM »
I mouse between fields in the iptc dialogue but I'd much rather tab.
It would be great to be able to customize the tab order within the iptc dialogue box since most fields don't need to be modified during captioning only a couple which unfortunately are not in the sequential tab order that I constantly use.

On another note it would be great to have more cumulative boxes like the keyword box. When you have a number of keywords entered into the dropdown menu each one you select is ADDED to the original contents of the field. In other fields like "object" drop down selections delete whatever was inside the field before hand.  In my case my agency wants people's names in the object field so if there were multiple people in the same shot I could cumulatively add them to the object field without having to type in their names to add them to the field. If my agency wanted the person's name in the keyword field I wouldn't have this problem. No doubt for others this field is supp category 1, or transmission reference or who knows what so ideally a bunch of the fields would be changed to have the cumulative feature that the keyword field uses.

Offline theorib

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Theo Ribeiro - Photography
Re: Customizable tabbed browsing in IPTC dialogue and more + boxes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:19:35 AM »
I second that request of being able to customize the Tab order. I always loose a lot of time with the mouse and stuff as well when I could just be writing the caption or keywords...

Theo Ribeiro
theo@theoribeiro.com

+54 9 2944 695103
+55 11 3864-2747

www.theoribeiro.com
archive.theoribeiro.com

Offline Pavel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »
Third vote.  I'd like to be able to move around with the arrow keys as an option.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
Third vote.  I'd like to be able to move around with the arrow keys as an option.

That would severely limit your ability to edit a given text field.  Tab and Shift-Tab are the standard way of moving focus from one text field to another.

I'll look into making the tab order customizable.

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 05:08:22 PM »
It would be great if it were added. I became familiar with customizable tabbed browsing in Filemaker and use it constantly to quickly get to the fields I need to modify and skip past the ones I don't.