Author Topic: Problems emailing from PM 4.6.6 with Outlook 2010  (Read 4069 times)

Offline rebadurchee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problems emailing from PM 4.6.6 with Outlook 2010
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
I just purchased PM 4.6.6 and am trying to email photos from NEF files.  Running Win7 Home Premium 64bit and Outlook 2010.  I can't remember, and can't seem to find out, whether Outlook is 32 or 64 bit.

When I try to email from PM4.6.6 I can browse my Outlook contacts but after I select one (or more) they are not transferred to the address line in PM.  If I type the email address in and attempt to send it the email is immediately sent back with the following message:

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:   PM test 3
      Sent:   2/14/2011 12:19 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'xxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx' on 2/14/2011 12:19 PM
            None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient."

If I then take this rejected message and forward it to the proper address it will go.

I looked at the only previous message on this support board about making Outlook 2010 my default MAPI client and downloaded the MS patch file.  I could not find in Outlook Help (or Bing search) any reference to making Outlook the default MAPI client.  I did make Outlook my default program for email.  All my email accounts are POP3.  Do I have to set up MAPI accounts, too?

I don't know if this is a MS problem or a PM problem.  I hope someone here can shed some light on this.  The thought of trying to get any help from MS is too dispiriting to contemplate.

Thank you,
Rebadurchee

Offline rebadurchee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Problems emailing from PM 4.6.6 with Outlook 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »
Just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem or if there is any solution on the horizon?  I really would like to be able to send images by email from PM.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »
Just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem or if there is any solution on the horizon?  I really would like to be able to send images by email from PM.

The Simple MAPI system that PM uses doesn't allow for much leverage in getting Outlook 2010 to behave properly.  I don't know why it does what it does, but the Send Photos via email function hasn't changed for some time now.

-Kirk

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »
I use Outlook 2010 to send pics all the time. I select send pic using email. When the dialog box appears I type in my senders. Allow access to outlook press enter. The next thing I have to do is open Outlook and it will send the email from the outbox with no problem. I too wish it could be better, but as Kirk said it has been like this for years.

Offline rebadurchee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:50 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  BillyDix, I tried your way and I still can't get an email out.  In order to send an image I have to go through your procedure, send, wait for the error message, then go into the 'Sent' folder and forward it manually to the address I just tried to send it to. PITA.

I understand that I am a newbie at your program, but not being able to email makes it far less useful to me.  I guess most of your customers either have no need to email or use far less popular email clients, both of which I find puzzling.  Just color me frustrated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  BillyDix, I tried your way and I still can't get an email out.  In order to send an image I have to go through your procedure, send, wait for the error message, then go into the 'Sent' folder and forward it manually to the address I just tried to send it to. PITA.

I understand that I am a newbie at your program, but not being able to email makes it far less useful to me.  I guess most of your customers either have no need to email or use far less popular email clients, both of which I find puzzling.  Just color me frustrated.

What happens if you set the email feature to allow you to review the message before sending it?  Does it work OK then?

-Kirk

Offline rebadurchee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 09:29:26 AM »
Thanks, Kirk, however, I must report disappointment again.  I tried the review option and after that failed added the separate email for each photo (even though I was only sending one).

I see the email in the Outbox.  I can open it, edit it, open the image.  But it won't actually make it out of my Outlook into the world and, interestingly, won't save a copy in the Drafts folder.

The message "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient" seems to point to an inability of PM's email facility to handshake with Outlook.  I can use Outlook to send images from Nikon ViewNX2, a program whose deficiencies caused me to buy PM.

Is this a MAPI vs. POP thing?  I only use POP for my email.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »
Thanks, Kirk, however, I must report disappointment again.  I tried the review option and after that failed added the separate email for each photo (even though I was only sending one).

I see the email in the Outbox.  I can open it, edit it, open the image.  But it won't actually make it out of my Outlook into the world and, interestingly, won't save a copy in the Drafts folder.

The message "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient" seems to point to an inability of PM's email facility to handshake with Outlook.  I can use Outlook to send images from Nikon ViewNX2, a program whose deficiencies caused me to buy PM.

Is this a MAPI vs. POP thing?  I only use POP for my email.

MAPI is an API developed by Microsoft to allow applications like PM to send mail through email client applications.  There are two versions of MAPI, the full MAPI, and Simple MAPI.  PM uses Simple MAPI only.  Perhaps Capture NX2 uses MAPI instead of Simple MAPI and that's why it works.  I don't know.

I'm sorry the function is not working for you.  I've tried to fix it within the bounds of what Simple MAPI offers and nothing that I have tried solves the issue.  I also do not know if rewriting PM's email function to use the full MAPI system would solve the issue.

-Kirk