Author Topic: Frozen FTP for 10-20 sec.  (Read 5121 times)

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
Frozen FTP for 10-20 sec.
« on: August 10, 2010, 12:35:28 AM »
I, together with a colleague, experience a frozen FTP window for about 10 to 20 sec. when we select "FTP as" for the first picture, then the window comes without delay for the next ones. Being plugged to power or on battery doesn't change anything. We both work on XP and I run latest PM, not sure about him but i guess too.

Any idea if there is a setting that need to be changed or somebody had the same experience ?

Bests

Denis
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:37:40 AM by denisbalibouse »

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Frozen FTP for 10-20 sec.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:38:31 AM »
Denis,

I, together with a colleague, experience a frozen FTP window for about 10 to 20 sec. when we select "FTP as" for the first picture, then the window comes without delay for the next ones. Being plugged to power or on battery doesn't change anything. We both work on XP and I run latest PM, not sure about him but i guess too.

Any idea if there is a setting that need to be changed or somebody had the same experience ?

Is the window with the delay, the window where you choose your settings, or is it the one that shows the transfer progress?

-Kirk

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »
It is the first window, after selecting a pciture I usually use "ctrl + U" and File Uploader window can take some time to appear.
It is mostly when I have 4-5 softs open like Photoshop, PM, the browser and AIM. No ingesting on the way or anything else running in the background.

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:22:56 PM »
Denis,

It is the first window, after selecting a pciture I usually use "ctrl + U" and File Uploader window can take some time to appear.
It is mostly when I have 4-5 softs open like Photoshop, PM, the browser and AIM. No ingesting on the way or anything else running in the background.

Do you have a large number of Connection Settings for FTP?

-Kirk

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 11:35:57 PM »
I have 10 -12 connections, but only use 5-6 of them regulary

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 06:44:03 AM »
I have 10 -12 connections, but only use 5-6 of them regulary

OK, I was wondering if you had hundreds of them.  Does the problem happen each time you bring up the Uploader dialog, or only the first time?  When you used the Uploader dialog last time, was it with some uploader other than FTP (meaning, do you have to change it back to FTP once the window appears)?

-Kirk

Offline denisbalibouse

• View Profile
    • Display of my work
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 07:07:46 AM »
OK, I was wondering if you had hundreds of them.  Does the problem happen each time you bring up the Uploader dialog, or only the first time?  When you used the Uploader dialog last time, was it with some uploader other than FTP (meaning, do you have to change it back to FTP once the window appears)?

The problem only appears the first time.
I only use FTP Uploader no other one.

HTH

Denis

Offline Eagle66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »
I found this Thread because i have same Frozen FTP problem at Windows 7 (PM Ver 4.6.6).

One of this problem is at my Laptop with UMTS-Connection, if this UMTS and zhe Laptop is Offline PM freeze complete, this is not very useful, because you can't change the FTP-Settings Offline.

The second problem is as describe above. "FTP as" (CTRL+U) for the first time needs about 10 seconds before File Uploader is open with UMTS or WLAN is Online.

It seems that PM the Connection is checking before open File Uploader.

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Have exactly the same "problem" on Mac, running 4.6.3. For me it's usually around 5-10 secs, but there's always a noticeable delay when doing apple-U the first time. After that the File Uploader window opens straight away.

Offline Eagle66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 09:39:06 AM »
Will nice this will be fixed - its inhibitory if you have no time.....