Author Topic: rotate crop feature?  (Read 17133 times)

Offline PaulW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Paul Walsh Photography
Re: rotate crop feature?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
Finally, some good news. I'm looking forward to it.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 04:53:42 PM »
As I understand it the crops in PM 5 will show up in Lightroom too!!!

That worked before but it has been disabled for some reason - I guess compatibility. Let's hope it stays this time.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 06:57:33 PM »
As I understand it the crops in PM 5 will show up in Lightroom too!!!

That worked before but it has been disabled for some reason - I guess compatibility. Let's hope it stays this time.

It was removed because PM didn't handle rotated crops.  It would make them unrotated and would cause users to have to re-crop their images in Adobe's software.

PM 5 can handle rotated crops perfectly well.

-Kirk

Offline jahuehn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
I realize it's probably way too late in the product cycle to consider this but in addition to the arbitrary rotation (which will be FANTASTIC and save me a trip into Photoshop) I'd really like to have the cropped dimensions displayed real time as I'm drawing the crop. I'm frequently limited by a specified minimum image size so it would be very nice to see the dimensions as I'm cropping so I can quickly determine how deep I can crop into an image.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »
I realize it's probably way too late in the product cycle to consider this but in addition to the arbitrary rotation (which will be FANTASTIC and save me a trip into Photoshop) I'd really like to have the cropped dimensions displayed real time as I'm drawing the crop. I'm frequently limited by a specified minimum image size so it would be very nice to see the dimensions as I'm cropping so I can quickly determine how deep I can crop into an image.

I too would vote for this!
,-))
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 10:44:33 AM »
Yes, live preview of cropped pixel size would be nice. Also, please consider making the dialog boxes for (exact) crop ratio so that numbers can be entered directly, instead of clicking the little up and down arrows. Especially when I need exact ratio for a magazine cover it gets really tedious clicking 56 times the up arrow... :)

Consider also, if possible, that the crop could be started by mouse cursor outside the image area (with it automatically being constrained to just image area), so one can do really quick from one corner crops. The way it is now, that crop by mouse dragging must be started inside image, it's a bit tedious to position the cursor exactly in the corner or notice if one is losing few pixels there or not.

Thank you for consideration, Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »
Frantisek,

Yes, live preview of cropped pixel size would be nice. Also, please consider making the dialog boxes for (exact) crop ratio so that numbers can be entered directly, instead of clicking the little up and down arrows. Especially when I need exact ratio for a magazine cover it gets really tedious clicking 56 times the up arrow... :)

The spinner buttons are gone.  You can type in a whole or decimal value.

Quote from: Frantisek Vlcek
Consider also, if possible, that the crop could be started by mouse cursor outside the image area (with it automatically being constrained to just image area), so one can do really quick from one corner crops. The way it is now, that crop by mouse dragging must be started inside image, it's a bit tedious to position the cursor exactly in the corner or notice if one is losing few pixels there or not.

We won't have time to add any other features to the crop before the initial 5.0 release.  Too many other things to do right now.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 08:37:11 AM »
Frantisek,
The spinner buttons are gone.  You can type in a whole or decimal value.
We won't have time to add any other features to the crop before the initial 5.0 release.  Too many other things to do right now.
-Kirk

Great! Thank you. And I can understand that, after all we want the 5.0 released as much as you ;-)
Frantisek