Author Topic: New Ingest Task position  (Read 3865 times)

Offline ruimleal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
New Ingest Task position
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:21:44 PM »
When do you think it will be possible to have the Ingest Task inside the Photo Mechanic?

This would make it a lot easier to control the download of the Tasks instead of having a separate window that is most of the time behind the main program.

I send here a suggestion of a placement for the Ingest Tasks that I would hope to see implemented in a new version soon.

Many thanks for this amazing Software and keep up the good work.

Rui M Leal

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: New Ingest Task position
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »
Rui,

When do you think it will be possible to have the Ingest Task inside the Photo Mechanic?

This would make it a lot easier to control the download of the Tasks instead of having a separate window that is most of the time behind the main program.

I send here a suggestion of a placement for the Ingest Tasks that I would hope to see implemented in a new version soon.

I don't know.  I can tell you for certain that it won't be implemented in any 4.6.x version.  It would have to wait for the next major version of PM at least.

-Kirk

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 01:56:34 PM »
+1
Have to say I totally agree on this. Having the ingest window separate isn't great, as you can't monitor the progress of the transfer while doing other things.

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:36:56 AM »
+1
Have to say I totally agree on this. Having the ingest window separate isn't great, as you can't monitor the progress of the transfer while doing other things.

This would be handy!
(Don't delay the catalog for it pleeze)
Marc
Marc

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
I add my vote too. Having the ingest in the PM window would be great.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 06:19:48 AM »
Late to see this - I think it's a fantastic idea too.

And from looking at Ruimleal's design image - it would be great it were possible to put the ftp upload progress window there too or have the choice of customizing which you would prefer to have in that space between FTP and upload.

It happens to me all the time that the FTP transfer has stalled or slowed down to a near standstill and I don't realise for a few minutes seing as the FTP upload window is working behind the main program.
Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 10:43:27 AM »
Hi, everybody
Another vote for the progress window (in my case, uploading to Photoshelter) being always visible, instead of running behind the main window.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 05:19:42 AM »
Frankly, I like it the way it is. It is out of the way when I am busy with something else, and I merely need to click on the taskbar icon to see what is going on. The upload window is handy, in that it stays open and show the history as I am doing incremental uploads.

Mick