Author Topic: Feature Request - Toggle color codes  (Read 4289 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Feature Request - Toggle color codes
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
Having just finished culling 11,000+ swim photos from a weekend championship event, I am putting forward a feature request that would really help with future culling.

Background:
I go through the entire gallery of each session in the Preview window and color code my duds with a "1" (pink).  As I start to flow through the gallery, I find that I sometimes accidentally flag keepers as duds or I find that a marginal photo that I flagged as a dud may need to be reclassified as a keeper because I do not have anything better for that athlete.  I have to move my hand from the left side of the keyboard (where the "1" is to the right side to press the "0" (zero) button in order to turn off the pink color code. 

Request:
I would like future versions of PM to toggle the color coding between the desired color and no-color (zero).  In other words, if I press "1", I get a pink code on the image and if I press "1" again, I get no color (resets the value).  This way, I can keep my finger on one button the whole time and only move it if I want to set a different color code and yet, if I make a mistake, I can keep my finger there and reset it.

Small savings add up when handling a huge volume of images.

Thanks...

-Mike
Fairfield Photography

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
Re: Feature Request - Toggle color codes
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »
Seems like a great idea. Or what about adding the shift key to deactivate the color code or star rating?

Mick

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:38:03 AM »
I think just the toggle is a great idea.  It seem really intuitive to me.

Jerry

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
I think just the toggle is a great idea.  It seem really intuitive to me.
Jerry

Agree, would be nice...

Offline TiggerGTO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 07:06:53 PM »
If this gets added, I hope it is optional.  If I press 1 on a picture, I mean for it to be rated as "red" (to match NX2) whether it is already rated a 1 or not.  I'd hate for this action to unexpectedly remove the rating from a photo.

Danny

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
Danny,

If this gets added, I hope it is optional.  If I press 1 on a picture, I mean for it to be rated as "red" (to match NX2) whether it is already rated a 1 or not.  I'd hate for this action to unexpectedly remove the rating from a photo.

If we implement the feature, it will be optional, and the current behavior would be the default.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 02:07:32 PM »
Good idea, got my vote  :)