Author Topic: Can't connect with Smugmug in 4.6.6  (Read 2420 times)

Offline rebadurchee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can't connect with Smugmug in 4.6.6
« on: April 14, 2011, 03:43:06 PM »
I've been trying to upload to my Smugmug account but can't connect.  I've redone and double-checked the settings and they all appear to be correct.  The error message is: "bad server response - categories root element missing."

I checked out this forum and there appears to be no related thread.  I also checked out Smugmug's support forum and the COO's response to a post that described the same problem as mine is: "I suspect that Photomechanic needs to update their app to work with our API latest release."

Since I can't email photos and I can't upload to my service I'm starting to wonder what it is I can do to disseminate my photos.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't connect with Smugmug in 4.6.6
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »
I've been trying to upload to my Smugmug account but can't connect.  I've redone and double-checked the settings and they all appear to be correct.  The error message is: "bad server response - categories root element missing."

I checked out this forum and there appears to be no related thread.  I also checked out Smugmug's support forum and the COO's response to a post that described the same problem as mine is: "I suspect that Photomechanic needs to update their app to work with our API latest release."

Since I can't email photos and I can't upload to my service I'm starting to wonder what it is I can do to disseminate my photos.

Please get the 4.6.7 beta from the Announcements section of the forums.  It specifically addresses this issue.

-Kirk

Offline rebadurchee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect with Smugmug in 4.6.6
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 04:15:57 PM »
Thank you, Kirk, it does indeed fix the problem.  Thanks also for a speedy reply.