Author Topic: Arrangements using folders & subfolders  (Read 1643 times)

Offline frankaphonic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Arrangements using folders & subfolders
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:58:35 PM »
I know when a contact sheet is opened from a single folder that the arrangement data is stored in a .pmarrangement.dat file in that folder.  But when a contact sheet is opened from a Favorite containing a folder and all subfolders, where is the arrangement data stored?  I cannot find the above mentioned file anywhere in any of the folders, yet the arrangement works.

Assuming in this case that there is no such file, is there a limit to the number of arrangements one can have when they're created in the same manner but from different folders & subfolders.

PM 4.6.6 Win XP SP3

Regards,
Frank

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Arrangements using folders & subfolders
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:31:20 AM »
Frank,

I know when a contact sheet is opened from a single folder that the arrangement data is stored in a .pmarrangement.dat file in that folder.  But when a contact sheet is opened from a Favorite containing a folder and all subfolders, where is the arrangement data stored?  I cannot find the above mentioned file anywhere in any of the folders, yet the arrangement works.

Assuming in this case that there is no such file, is there a limit to the number of arrangements one can have when they're created in the same manner but from different folders & subfolders.

The arrangement data is saved in the Favorite.  As long as you make a Favorite from a set of folders you can arrange how you like without limit.  You just need to make another Favorite for that set of folders to create a different arrangement.

-Kirk