Author Topic: Watermark not displaying on photos  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Stokesee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermark not displaying on photos
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:47:16 PM »
The watermark is not displaying maybe since upgrading to version 4.6.6 of Photo Mechanic - up until it has worked fine. I am using PC OS Windows Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions as to how to get this invaluable feature back working would be appreciated. Thank you   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark not displaying on photos
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 01:20:23 PM »
The watermark is not displaying maybe since upgrading to version 4.6.6 of Photo Mechanic - up until it has worked fine. I am using PC OS Windows Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions as to how to get this invaluable feature back working would be appreciated. Thank you   

Please post a JPEG screenshot of your settings.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »
Thank you for speedy response Kirk. Here is the screen shot as you have requested. I hope it helps identify a solution. I am very familiar with this function and it appears no different from the settings over time but ...... !

Please post a JPEG, so I can look at it.  I think you uploaded a Microsoft Word document.

Also, please try the 4.6.7 beta and see if it solves your issue.  You can get the beta from the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline Stokesee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 10:18:08 AM »
Thank you Kirk. I loaded up the v4.6.7 beta - no difference therefore still no watermark. The screenshot is attached and unaltered from when it was working well prior to v4.6.6

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »
Thank you Kirk. I loaded up the v4.6.7 beta - no difference therefore still no watermark. The screenshot is attached and unaltered from when it was working well prior to v4.6.6

Are you certain that your images contain data in the Copyright field of their IPTC metadata?

If so, what happens if you change some of the Watermark settings like: position, size, font or color?
What about if you tell it to render your overlay image?  Does it show up?

-Kirk

Offline Stokesee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 01:23:30 AM »
How do I now revert back to the ordinary version of photomechanic from the suggested beta version? A dialogue box keeps informing me it expires on 31 May and I obviously don't want to lose my original version of photomechanic for something that will expire.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 06:23:03 AM »
How do I now revert back to the ordinary version of photomechanic from the suggested beta version? A dialogue box keeps informing me it expires on 31 May and I obviously don't want to lose my original version of photomechanic for something that will expire.

Just reinstall version 4.6.6 of Photo Mechanic.  You can download it here if you don't have the installer anymore:

http://www.camerabits.com/site/downloads.html

-Kirk