Author Topic: Shortcut to show star rated photos on Win  (Read 4360 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Shortcut to show star rated photos on Win
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:21:57 AM »
Hi,

I am alternating between two platforms, Win at work and Mac at home, I can't seem to find a shortcut on the Win version to show only star-rated photos (on Mac, this is CMD-SHIFT-1 through 5). Is there one in the Windows version?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shortcut to show star rated photos on Win
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »
Frantisek,

I am alternating between two platforms, Win at work and Mac at home, I can't seem to find a shortcut on the Win version to show only star-rated photos (on Mac, this is CMD-SHIFT-1 through 5). Is there one in the Windows version?

No, not anymore.  We used to have keyboard shortcuts for adjusting the Ratings filter, but Microsoft made them specific to the OS (meaning PM doesn't receive them when pressed since the OS intercepts them) in Windows Vista (or Windows 7 I think).

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 03:34:09 AM »
Ah, that explains it. Thanks. It's a pity Windows changed it. Any "free" key combinations that could be used as a replacement? With star ratings getting more and more preference in most software and cameras these days over colour tags, it would be useful. It's incredibly simple to just press three keys on my Mac to see just e.g. three-star rated final selects to transmit, something I miss heavily on Windows...(navigating to the little widget is certainly possible, but sometimes quite harder on a notbook using trackpad when in a hurry). I admit, such shortcuts are mostly for the power users, but anything that gives me an edge over most colleagues (many of whom never learned any Photomechanic's incredibly useful keyboard shortcuts at all, would you beleive it!) is welcome :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 01:21:50 PM »
Frantisek,

Ah, that explains it. Thanks. It's a pity Windows changed it. Any "free" key combinations that could be used as a replacement? With star ratings getting more and more preference in most software and cameras these days over colour tags, it would be useful. It's incredibly simple to just press three keys on my Mac to see just e.g. three-star rated final selects to transmit, something I miss heavily on Windows...(navigating to the little widget is certainly possible, but sometimes quite harder on a notbook using trackpad when in a hurry). I admit, such shortcuts are mostly for the power users, but anything that gives me an edge over most colleagues (many of whom never learned any Photomechanic's incredibly useful keyboard shortcuts at all, would you beleive it!) is welcome :)

We tried to come up with some replacements but couldn't find any that were logical.  Feel free to suggest some.

Thanks,

-Kirk