Author Topic: Caption Legacy  (Read 1853 times)

Offline doug_PM_coull

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Dougie Coull Photography
Caption Legacy
« on: May 14, 2011, 03:27:24 AM »
Running 4.6.6 with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

I find that the caption is retaining the previously loaded one as well as the new one.

Example - new caption is 'Steam Train' and the old one (not showing in the stationary pad) is 'Stavros' - caption that appears on my image is 'StavrosSteam Train'.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:50:01 AM by doug_PM_coull »
Cheers,

Dougie.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption Legacy
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:22:49 AM »
Doug,

Running 4.6.6 with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

I find that the caption is retaining the previously loaded one as well as the new one.

Example - new caption is 'Steam Train' and the old one (not showing in the stationary pad) is 'Stavros' - caption that appears on my image is 'StavrosSteam Train'.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

To view the caption for a particular image, you need to use the IPTC Info dialog, not the IPTC Stationery Pad.  If you use the IPTC Stationery Pad multiple times and you have the 'append' checkbox set (it's a checkbox with a '+' on it) and you edit the caption, and then apply the IPTC Stationery Pad, you'll be appending new data onto any existing captions.

Perhaps that's what happened to you?

Open up the IPTC Info for your image (click on the 'i' button while your mouse is hovering over your image) and what does it say?  If it isn't correct, fix it and OK the dialog.  Then open it up again.  Is it correct now?

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline doug_PM_coull

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Dougie Coull Photography
Re: Caption Legacy
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »
Reckon the  'append' checkbox was my problem, so many thanks for the very prompt reply Kirk

A lesson learned  :)
Cheers,

Dougie.