Author Topic: Ingest Local Renumber Sequence  (Read 5307 times)

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
Ingest Local Renumber Sequence
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:03:50 AM »
We use several ingests that are ongoing.
Non project and stock based images.
It would be great if the ingest snapshot had the option to recall the number of the number sequence variable for this specific ingest.
(Similar to the local and global option for the IPTC data).
This way I wouldn't have to check and reset the number each time I do an ingest for that project...
Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Local Renumber Sequence
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »
Marc,

It would be great if the ingest snapshot had the option to recall the number of the number sequence variable for this specific ingest.
This way I wouldn't have to check and reset the number each time I do an ingest for that project...

Do you mean the value of the sequence number when the snapshot was saved, or the sequence number when the Ingest finished?

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
Marc,

Do you mean the value of the sequence number when the snapshot was saved, or the sequence number when the Ingest finished?

-Kirk

When the ingest is finished.
I want to return to this snapshot later having done other ingests and want it to be at the next sequence number for this snapshot.

TX
Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »
Marc,

When the ingest is finished.
I want to return to this snapshot later having done other ingests and want it to be at the next sequence number for this snapshot.

That would be a bit tricky to implement since all of the various features of Photo Mechanic don't keep track of whether their settings were loaded from the main preferences settings or if they were loaded from a snapshot.  But we can consider it.

-Kirk

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »
PM used to retain the last number of the previously ingested card when ingesting multiple cards but not it resets every time I ingest so I have to look and see what the last file number ingested was.  I don't know why it changed, maybe a preference?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »
PM used to retain the last number of the previously ingested card when ingesting multiple cards but not it resets every time I ingest so I have to look and see what the last file number ingested was.  I don't know why it changed, maybe a preference?

It's fixed in the 4.6.7 beta version of Photo Mechanic.  See the Announcements section of the forums for details about the 4.6.7 beta.

-Kirk

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 05:36:39 PM »
Great, thanks Kirk!  U r workin' on a Sunday, wow ;-)