Author Topic: Keeping RAW and JPEG separate upon ingesting  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Bob Krist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keeping RAW and JPEG separate upon ingesting
« on: September 27, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »
Hi Guys:  I usually only shoot RAW, and then do my conversions later, but I have an upcoming gig where I have to shoot RAW+JPEG and peel off the JPEGs immediately to send to the client. Is there anyway to configure PM so the RAWS are put in a separate folder from the JPEGs generated in the camera?  Many thanks, Bob Krist

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keeping RAW and JPEG separate upon ingesting
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 02:41:36 PM »
Bob,

Hi Guys:  I usually only shoot RAW, and then do my conversions later, but I have an upcoming gig where I have to shoot RAW+JPEG and peel off the JPEGs immediately to send to the client. Is there anyway to configure PM so the RAWS are put in a separate folder from the JPEGs generated in the camera?

You can choose to Ingest only the JPEG files and then later Ingest the RAW files using a different folder.  But if all you want to do is send JPEGs via FTP, you can Ingest both at the same time and instruct FTP As to send only the JPEG of a RAW+JPEG pair.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Bob Krist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping RAW and JPEG separate upon ingesting
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 05:58:27 PM »
Kirk: Many thanks. Your first solution will work for me. May I say much I appreciate your incredible tech help, both the response time and the quality of your advice.  It sets you apart from all others, IMHO.  Bob Krist

Bob,

You can choose to Ingest only the JPEG files and then later Ingest the RAW files using a different folder.  But if all you want to do is send JPEGs via FTP, you can Ingest both at the same time and instruct FTP As to send only the JPEG of a RAW+JPEG pair.

HTH,

-Kirk