Author Topic: GPS info not part of Send Photos via email  (Read 3312 times)

Offline exit106

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
GPS info not part of Send Photos via email
« on: May 27, 2011, 12:05:57 PM »
Hello,
I might be missing something so bear with me.
I attach GPS coordinates to photos (on a mac with GPSphotolinker). I then open these photos in PM and receive the proper coordinates in PM's caption box. Using

"Picture shot with the following coordinates altitude: {altitude}m, latitude: {latitude}, longitude: {longitude}"

All this shows up great in PM. When I select a few picture to email to my friends via the Send Photos via email, the caption info stays but they can't place the picture on Google map (using iPhoto). If I email the photos directly without PM, they can locate the photos (using iPhoto). Am I missing something?

Thxs

Pierre

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: GPS info not part of Send Photos via email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »
Pierre,

I attach GPS coordinates to photos (on a mac with GPSphotolinker). I then open these photos in PM and receive the proper coordinates in PM's caption box. Using

"Picture shot with the following coordinates altitude: {altitude}m, latitude: {latitude}, longitude: {longitude}"

All this shows up great in PM. When I select a few picture to email to my friends via the Send Photos via email, the caption info stays but they can't place the picture on Google map (using iPhoto). If I email the photos directly without PM, they can locate the photos (using iPhoto). Am I missing something?

It sounds like PM is stripping that EXIF information.  Are you instructing the Send Photos via email dialog to "Preserve EXIF where possible"?

-Kirk

Offline exit106

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: GPS info not part of Send Photos via email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
I new this was easy. Checkmark now ckecked.

Merci
Pierre