Author Topic: Pause and restart upload  (Read 3473 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Pause and restart upload
« on: May 30, 2011, 06:43:49 AM »
Partially requested before. I often have internet connection difficulties and similar problems.

It would be great to have a pause option in the upload window to stop and later resume uploads.

It would also be great if the restart upload button could be used unless an upload is detected to have stalled.

At the moment I have a crap connection trying to use for uploading photos but it often breaks and PM (I don't know how or why) dont sense the connection broke so I cannot click restart, nor does it continue after signal returns. So I have to cancel the upload and start from the beginning what is not just very time consuming (mostly for regenerating again the files for upload) but also very space consuming too...

I hope you can improve on this aspect.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pause and restart upload
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:26:44 AM »
My problem is the same again. I have a very poor connection and uploads tend to end in a stall that PM does not recognize. Not any sign of upload no bits are moving but PM does not mark the upload as being stalled - thus I cannot click the restart button in the upload window.
I have now cancel it and repeat the upload settings and generating the photos and the rest....some solution would be great - however I hope never to fight the same internet problems as now I have in this hotel.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:34:13 AM »
Szurkebarat,

My problem is the same again. I have a very poor connection and uploads tend to end in a stall that PM does not recognize. Not any sign of upload no bits are moving but PM does not mark the upload as being stalled - thus I cannot click the restart button in the upload window.
I have now cancel it and repeat the upload settings and generating the photos and the rest....some solution would be great - however I hope never to fight the same internet problems as now I have in this hotel.

It would be interesting to know if any other uploading software would detect the problems that are happening for you.  Have you tried a dedicated FTP client to see if it recovers from the same situation?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 09:18:17 PM »
Szurkebarat,

It would be interesting to know if any other uploading software would detect the problems that are happening for you.  Have you tried a dedicated FTP client to see if it recovers from the same situation?

-Kirk

Luckily for me I am no longer on that network so I cannot try and I do not really use any other software for uploading when PM is available. Unfortunately I turned off logging lately so it won't help us either.
I don't neccesarily expect PM to detect the problem if it would be available to restart the upload manually when it does not detect the error.

Allways shooting RAW.