Author Topic: Opening photos in CS5.1 via PM  (Read 4350 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Opening photos in CS5.1 via PM
« on: May 18, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »
I am running Windows XP, PM 4.6.6 and just installed Photoshop CS5.1.  I have updated my Launching preferences to point to the new EXE, but when I mutil-select a group of images and select "Edit Selected Photos With..." from the flyout menu, nothing happens.

A Google search of the Forums shows a reference to this in PM 4.6.4, but can't find anything more recent.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

-Mike
Fairfield Photography

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Opening photos in CS5.1 via PM
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 04:40:25 PM »
Mike,

I am running Windows XP, PM 4.6.6 and just installed Photoshop CS5.1.  I have updated my Launching preferences to point to the new EXE, but when I mutil-select a group of images and select "Edit Selected Photos With..." from the flyout menu, nothing happens.

A Google search of the Forums shows a reference to this in PM 4.6.4, but can't find anything more recent.

How do I fix this?

Please try the 4.6.7 beta version.  See the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
Re: Opening photos in CS5.1 via PM - Beta bug (?) report
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:48:06 AM »
Finally found time to test this.  I downloaded/installed PM 4.6.7 beta and am using PS CS 5.1 on Windows XP 32-bit.

If I have just PM running (CS5 is closed) and then multi-select several images on a contact sheet and select "Edit Selected Photos With...", CS5 opens and the images are displayed for editing.  All well and good.

If CS5.1 is already running and then I multi-select several images on a contact sheet in PM and select "Edit Selected Photos With...", nothing happens.

Do you need any more details?

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Opening photos in CS5.1 via PM - Beta bug (?) report
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:39:08 AM »
Mike,

Finally found time to test this.  I downloaded/installed PM 4.6.7 beta and am using PS CS 5.1 on Windows XP 32-bit.

If I have just PM running (CS5 is closed) and then multi-select several images on a contact sheet and select "Edit Selected Photos With...", CS5 opens and the images are displayed for editing.  All well and good.

If CS5.1 is already running and then I multi-select several images on a contact sheet in PM and select "Edit Selected Photos With...", nothing happens.

Do you need any more details?

No.  I guess I'll have to get their upgrade.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 03:38:19 PM »
Mike,

Please get the final 4.6.7 version which addresses this issue.  See the Announcements section for details and download links.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 05:21:49 PM »
Awesome...  Works great now.

Thanx

M