Author Topic: New Problem PM to CS4  (Read 3302 times)

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Jon Crispin Photography
New Problem PM to CS4
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:23:55 AM »
Hi,  Mac 10.6.8, PM 4.6.7.  Having an intermittent problem (+ or - 50% of the time).  When in photomechanic I hit the E key to open the image in Photoshop CS4 and the image stays behind my contact sheet.  If I hit the PS icon in my dock the image comes forward.  Really slowing down the old workflow.  Just upgraded to 4.6.7 and never had the problem before.  Thanks,  jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: New Problem PM to CS4
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:20:37 AM »
Jon,

Hi,  Mac 10.6.8, PM 4.6.7.  Having an intermittent problem (+ or - 50% of the time).  When in photomechanic I hit the E key to open the image in Photoshop CS4 and the image stays behind my contact sheet.  If I hit the PS icon in my dock the image comes forward.  Really slowing down the old workflow.  Just upgraded to 4.6.7 and never had the problem before.  Thanks,  jon

Nothing has changed in the Mac version for launching files in some time (probably last changed in the 4.5.x series).  I think the problem lies within Photoshop CS4.  You could try deleting its preferences file (or just rename it in case it doesn't help, then you could always rename it back to the original name) or reinstalling Photoshop CS4.

-Kirk

P.S. How is it that you have Mac OS X 10.6.8?  I don't see it as an update for me...

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »
Thanks Kirk,

It is weird.  A few times, if the image is open in PS, it just jumps behind the contact sheet after a few seconds.  If I hit the F key it comes back in the grey view.

About 10.6.8, I have no idea.  I double checked to make sure and thats what my about finder tells me.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »
Jon,

It is weird.  A few times, if the image is open in PS, it just jumps behind the contact sheet after a few seconds.  If I hit the F key it comes back in the grey view.

You're pressing the 'F' key in what application?

-Kirk

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »
Pressing the F key in PS.  It just cycles through the different options for how to view the photo.  (I also use it in PM to change from the view with the sidebars to the view without them, but it doesn't apply in this instance.)

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 03:03:09 AM »
About 10.6.8, I have no idea.  I double checked to make sure and thats what my about finder tells me.

That's the version of the finder, not the version of the OS. For that you have to choose "About This Mac" from the  menu.

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl