Author Topic: Upgrade Problem  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Molls-Phot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upgrade Problem
« on: June 05, 2011, 02:51:14 AM »
I have recently bought an iMac running OS X 10.6.7 and migrated all my stuff over from a MBP running OS X 10.5.8. When I attempt to upgrade from PM 4.6.6 to the latest version it tells me 'The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items'. This has stumped me as as far as I'm aware I have full admin permissions.

Can anyone advise how to correct this?

Gary

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upgrade Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 06:15:40 AM »
Gary,

I have recently bought an iMac running OS X 10.6.7 and migrated all my stuff over from a MBP running OS X 10.5.8. When I attempt to upgrade from PM 4.6.6 to the latest version it tells me 'The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items'. This has stumped me as as far as I'm aware I have full admin permissions.

Can anyone advise how to correct this?

What application is telling you this?  The Finder?  Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk

Offline Molls-Phot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »
Kirk,

I believe it may be PM as it has the message has the PM icon with an exclamtion symbol. I also tried downloading the latest version directly from the website but got the same message.

Gary

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:56:11 PM »
Gary,

I believe it may be PM as it has the message has the PM icon with an exclamtion symbol. I also tried downloading the latest version directly from the website but got the same message.

Are you able to move the old version to the Trash and empty it?  Then try copying the new version to your Applications folder.
Have you run a 'Repair Permissions' on your system with the Disk Utility lately?  If not, you might try that as well.

-Kirk

Offline Molls-Phot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »
Kirk,

I had already tried running repair permissions but that din't work, however, removing the old version first has worked so many thanks for the advice!

Gary

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »
Gary,
This also happened to me. A friend told me to download the program IceClean and run "Repair Permissions files". It solved my problem.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi