Author Topic: favorites sort order  (Read 3591 times)

Offline bdemay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
favorites sort order
« on: June 29, 2011, 10:51:28 PM »
I'm using PM 4.6.6 on Windows 7 and have a question concerning the sort order for favorite folders. I can place them in alphabetical order but the folders seem to sort themselves as they see fit after quitting and restarting - no particular order at all. I've been using PM on Macs for years and not had this issue arise, but I'm wondering of this is a Windows issue. There are no peculiar file names for the folders and no of them start with any numbers or other special characters.

Bob DeMay

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: favorites sort order
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 12:13:22 AM »
Bob,

I'm using PM 4.6.6 on Windows 7 and have a question concerning the sort order for favorite folders. I can place them in alphabetical order but the folders seem to sort themselves as they see fit after quitting and restarting - no particular order at all. I've been using PM on Macs for years and not had this issue arise, but I'm wondering of this is a Windows issue. There are no peculiar file names for the folders and no of them start with any numbers or other special characters.

Yes, it's an issue that only affects the Windows version.  The Favorites component is being rewritten for the next major version of Photo Mechanic and this issue should be solved then.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Kirk,
Is there a way to automatically sort favorite folders in alphabetical order or do you have to do it manually?
TIA

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »
Luiz,

Is there a way to automatically sort favorite folders in alphabetical order or do you have to do it manually?

Top level items in the Favorites are listed in the order you placed them.  If you want them ordered alphabetically, you can drag them into that order with the mouse.

-Kirk