Author Topic: Fuji RAF support  (Read 2669 times)

Offline timharville

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Fuji RAF support
« on: June 10, 2011, 07:09:29 AM »
Hi guys,

I know this has been addressed in older threads, but it's been a couple of years - is there any way Photo Mechanic can embed metadata in Fuji raw files (.RAF)? It appears, as of version 4.6.6, that you can still only store XMP in a sidecar file. In a thread from 2008 (http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=3122.0), Kirk said it's not a TIFF based format and Fuji hasn't documented it - just wondering if that's still the case. We're looking to add a couple of the new X100s to our workflow for situations where we need a silent camera.

Thanks-
Tim Harville

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Fuji RAF support
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 07:18:56 AM »
Tim,

I know this has been addressed in older threads, but it's been a couple of years - is there any way Photo Mechanic can embed metadata in Fuji raw files (.RAF)? It appears, as of version 4.6.6, that you can still only store XMP in a sidecar file. In a thread from 2008 (http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=3122.0), Kirk said it's not a TIFF based format and Fuji hasn't documented it - just wondering if that's still the case. We're looking to add a couple of the new X100s to our workflow for situations where we need a silent camera.

Do you have any sample images from that model that you could share?

-Kirk

Offline timharville

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »
Thanks, Kirk. I'd be happy to send a sample file - just let me know where to send or FTP it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
Tim,

Thanks, Kirk. I'd be happy to send a sample file - just let me know where to send or FTP it.

Sending you a personal message now.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
Tim,

I got your two samples.  The format is still not similar to other formats like CR2 and NEF.  Photo Mechanic cannot embed metadata into anything but TIFF-based RAW formats.

-Kirk