Author Topic: 4.6.8 b1 issue with copy command  (Read 3447 times)

Offline ocris1

• View Profile
4.6.8 b1 issue with copy command
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
hi Kirk,

I use the copy command to separate raw files from Jpegs. I check the box to delete originals so the raw files move to the new location. I just tried doing this in the new beta and the copy process worked, however the original files were not deleted.

This is on a Mac Mini running the Lion Server and the files are on a Promise Pegasus raid via Thunderbolt.

Would you please look into this? Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6.8 b1 issue with copy command
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:53:55 AM »
hi Kirk,

I use the copy command to separate raw files from Jpegs. I check the box to delete originals so the raw files move to the new location. I just tried doing this in the new beta and the copy process worked, however the original files were not deleted.

This is on a Mac Mini running the Lion Server and the files are on a Promise Pegasus raid via Thunderbolt.

Would you please look into this? Thanks

We don't have any of that hardware.  The best I can offer you is to work with you directly and have you run versions of PM that log their operations so we can see what is going on.

Let me know if you're interested.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:31:27 AM »

Perhaps this is an access rights issue. Do you actually have the access rights to delete these files? What happens if you try to delete the files manually (in the Finder)?

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline ocris1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 02:39:48 AM »
Kirk - I would definitely be interested in that.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 06:20:08 AM »
Kirk - I would definitely be interested in that.

OK, if I am to work with you directly, I'll need you to be very responsive to running new versions and getting log files back to me.  Is that possible for you at this time?

-Kirk