Author Topic: Shortcut to rename resetting counter  (Read 4381 times)

Offline GLS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Shortcut to rename resetting counter
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:05:11 AM »
Hello,
I really enjoy your software that makes short work of my filing needs. I wanted to know if there is a shortcut to batch rename according to last batch rename (alt-cmd-M) AND resetting the counter.
I use the IPTC heading plus EXIF date plus a counter to file patients pictures so I have to go through:
cmd-M,
alt-click {seqn} variable button
click ok

It would be great to have a shortcut such as Shift-alt-cmd-M to perform this rename!
Thank you for your feedback,

Giorgio

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shortcut to rename resetting counter
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 06:24:48 AM »
Giorgio,

I really enjoy your software that makes short work of my filing needs. I wanted to know if there is a shortcut to batch rename according to last batch rename (alt-cmd-M) AND resetting the counter.
I use the IPTC heading plus EXIF date plus a counter to file patients pictures so I have to go through:
cmd-M,
alt-click {seqn} variable button
click ok

It would be great to have a shortcut such as Shift-alt-cmd-M to perform this rename!

No, there is no such shortcut at this time.

-Kirk

Offline GLS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
Thank you for your reply,
Would you consider add a shortcut for the next release?
It would be a real time-saver!
Thank you in advance!
Giorgio

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:24:20 AM »
Perhaps a more general solution would be to build in a keyboard macro feature where keystrokes could be recorded and assigned to a key.  The problem would likely be that most "keys" are already taken by PM, so you would probably be restricted to key combinations like Ctrl+Alt+Key (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+M).  If you have a programmable keypad like the Belkin Nostromo n52, you can assign key combinations to a single key.

Deven