Author Topic: Making new folders  (Read 7943 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Making new folders
« on: September 29, 2006, 07:49:42 AM »
Kirk,

I noticed a quirk in 4.4.3.3. When I click to make a new folder when moving files PM makes a folder named NEW FOLDER. In the previous version NEW FOLDER would be highlighted and allow me to name it. Now I have to right click on the folder and select rename.

OS = windows XP

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Making new folders
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 08:36:20 AM »
Eric,

I noticed a quirk in 4.4.3.3. When I click to make a new folder when moving files PM makes a folder named NEW FOLDER. In the previous version NEW FOLDER would be highlighted and allow me to name it. Now I have to right click on the folder and select rename.

OS = windows XP

Hmm.  Well it works fine for me in both the Navigator and the Favorites, just like is supposed to work.  You might try downloading 4.4.3.3 again, uninstall the current version and reinstall from the new download.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 02:39:54 PM »
Kirk...this frequently happens to me too (greater than 50% of the time). Actually it's happended to me since last fall (don't know the version #, sorry).

OSX 10.4.8, PowerBook G4

dbr
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 07:38:37 PM »
Delane,

Kirk...this frequently happens to me too (greater than 50% of the time). Actually it's happended to me since last fall (don't know the version #, sorry).

OSX 10.4.8, PowerBook G4

Eric is on Windows.  So you're saying that a similar problem is happening on Mac OS X then?

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 08:24:40 AM »
Kirk,
In the navigator, it works as it should. When I select to make a new folder the new folder is highlighted and allows me to enter a name. It's not working in the box that comes up when I go from copy --> move --> make ne folder. It's like I've hit enter as part of clicking on the new folder button.

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 08:29:57 AM »
Eric,
In the navigator, it works as it should. When I select to make a new folder the new folder is highlighted and allows me to enter a name. It's not working in the box that comes up when I go from copy --> move --> make ne folder. It's like I've hit enter as part of clicking on the new folder button.

What part of the interface are you interacting with?  Is the Copy Options dialog where you are choosing the destination folder for the copy and a folder-picker dialog comes up?

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »
Kirk,

After editing I go to File--->Copy Photos--->Move Photos(delete orginals) that brings up a view of the folders then click on the make new folder button.

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 04:03:01 PM »
Eric,

After editing I go to File--->Copy Photos--->Move Photos(delete orginals) that brings up a view of the folders then click on the make new folder button.

That's Microsoft's dialog.  You'd have to complain to them.

Sorry, but true.  We don't have much control over it other than to tell it to display the New Folder button.

-Kirk