Author Topic: IPTC Variables not interpreted in the caption field  (Read 2395 times)

Offline hya

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Variables not interpreted in the caption field
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:51:19 AM »
Hi,

I'm running PM 4.6.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.7 on a MacBook Pro w/an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz processor, 4GB of RAM, with 340GB of free HD space. I am in charge of applying metadata to photos taken by a team of photographers, and I have an IPTC template for setting the photographer and basic caption fields. Here are the relevant fields:

Photographer: John Doe
Copyright: Copyright (c) {yr4} {photog}
Caption: blah blah blah. Photo by {photog}. {copyright}

When I apply this template, the resulting caption looks like this:
blah blah blah. Photo by John Doe. Copyright (c) 2011 {photog}

I was expecting the {photog} field to be interpreted by PM and replaced with the photographer's name.

Offline afengler

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC Variables not interpreted in the caption field
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:06:36 PM »
Hi,

I'm running PM 4.6.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.7 on a MacBook Pro w/an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz processor, 4GB of RAM, with 340GB of free HD space. I am in charge of applying metadata to photos taken by a team of photographers, and I have an IPTC template for setting the photographer and basic caption fields. Here are the relevant fields:

Photographer: John Doe
Copyright: Copyright (c) {yr4} {photog}
Caption: blah blah blah. Photo by {photog}. {copyright}

When I apply this template, the resulting caption looks like this:
blah blah blah. Photo by John Doe. Copyright (c) 2011 {photog}

I was expecting the {photog} field to be interpreted by PM and replaced with the photographer's name.

I tested this case on my Windows Vista PC running PM 4.6.7 and it works as expected. You might want to try PM 4.6.7 - Kirk fixed some problems with resolving of metadata in that version after I found a bug in that code.
HTH

Offline hya

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC Variables not interpreted in the caption field
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »
Tested with PM 4.6.7 on Mac OS X 10.6.8: Problem persists.