Author Topic: Edit iptc drop down list question.  (Read 3887 times)

Offline John Robinson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edit iptc drop down list question.
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »
Hi,

I accidentally imported a keyword catalogue into the iptc list for state/province and another category, Isn't there a way to select all and delete? When I try this it crashes, however if I make the window the height of my monitor I can select more words but this will take my all week to delete them all.

Isn't there a folder containing this data so I can clear that field or a better way to clear any the edit iptc drop down menus data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit iptc drop down list question.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »
John,

I accidentally imported a keyword catalogue into the iptc list for state/province and another category, Isn't there a way to select all and delete? When I try this it crashes, however if I make the window the height of my monitor I can select more words but this will take my all week to delete them all.

I take it you can't select the first item, scroll to the end, then shift-click the last one, and then use the Delete button?

Quote from: John Robinson
Isn't there a folder containing this data so I can clear that field or a better way to clear any the edit iptc drop down menus data?

You could always Export the list to a text file, open it up in a text editor and clip out the unwanted terms and then save it.  Then Import it once you return to Photo Mechanic.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline John Robinson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:32:46 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Brilliant fast response, the second method should work, I will give that a go now. Not sure why I hadn't thought of that myself... New software for me.

Offline John Robinson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:43:38 AM »
Hi Kirk,

This method isn't working either. When I import the txt file, it's appending the words from the txt file rather than replace them, any ideas?

John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 06:53:15 AM »
John,

This method isn't working either. When I import the txt file, it's appending the words from the txt file rather than replace them, any ideas?

What OS are you running?
What version of PM are you running?

-Kirk

Offline John Robinson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 08:28:49 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I have the problem under control now, it was just a case of selecting all and clicking delete but when PM stops responding just leave it, eventually it does exactly as asked, it just takes a very long time, so long in fact that I went to bed, when I woke this morning the task had completed. Good enough for me ;~)

John