Author Topic: Color is correct in PM and Photoshop but not in Web Gallery  (Read 6769 times)

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi having a minor problem, I use DPP, PM to create jpg for web galleries. In DPP if I select screen calibration and output, I can view any file in Preview, Photoshop CS5, and PM with Photoshop set in srgb color space, as well as PM and if I upload a sample file to my webserver and view in a browser I see the correct color/tone. However when I create the web gallery using PM classic my images are coming out over saturated if I one file and view in CS5 or above they look fine. Not sure what I'm doing wrong any advice is appreciated.

BTW I have PM set for srgb with color correction on the files display properly if I turn CC off, they are over saturated as above.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:05:35 PM by dfphoto »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color is correct in PM and Photoshop but not in Web Gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:22:44 AM »
Hi having a minor problem, I use DPP, PM to create jpg for web galleries. In DPP if I select screen calibration and output, I can view any file in Preview, Photoshop CS5, and PM with Photoshop set in srgb color space, as well as PM and if I upload a sample file to my webserver and view in a browser I see the correct color/tone. However when I create the web gallery using PM classic my images are coming out over saturated if I one file and view in CS5 or above they look fine. Not sure what I'm doing wrong any advice is appreciated.

BTW I have PM set for srgb with color correction on the files display properly if I turn CC off, they are over saturated as above.

Can you post a screenshot of your PM Classic template settings?  (it may take more than one screenshot)

Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 12:59:24 AM »
Hi thanks for the reply, here's what I have discovered with pictures. My first issue is my browser Camino for some reason, Camino does not read the embedded profile. In the picture with 4 images left to right is photoshop in view mode srgb, then Safari web browser, then Camino web browser then PM 4.66 with srgb as the color preference as seen in the screen grab. The next screen grab shows my DPP setup if I choose srgb my thumbs come in that over saturated look if I alter that and process when I view in Photoshop or your software the colors are muted and also muted in Safari or other computers with my spyder monitor calibration.

Does my solution make sense that Camino cannot understand the color space?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:41:27 AM »
Hi thanks for the reply, here's what I have discovered with pictures. My first issue is my browser Camino for some reason, Camino does not read the embedded profile. In the picture with 4 images left to right is photoshop in view mode srgb, then Safari web browser, then Camino web browser then PM 4.66 with srgb as the color preference as seen in the screen grab. The next screen grab shows my DPP setup if I choose srgb my thumbs come in that over saturated look if I alter that and process when I view in Photoshop or your software the colors are muted and also muted in Safari or other computers with my spyder monitor calibration.

Does my solution make sense that Camino cannot understand the color space?

Yes, not all browsers do color management.  Instead of assigning sRGB to your images, you might try converting the image to the sRGB color space.  PM has a 'Convert to sRGB color space' option in the Exporter (and other output dialogs).  Try making that setting on or off and see which one makes the best results.

-Kirk

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 07:05:21 AM »
Hi Kirk, first sorry about the grammar, I was pretty tired and I seem to have forgot a few words. I will take a look at your suggestion later but I do recall having the srgb on export selected but I will have to verify on the machine I made the galleries.

Thanks so much!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 07:54:34 AM »
Hi Kirk, first sorry about the grammar, I was pretty tired and I seem to have forgot a few words. I will take a look at your suggestion later but I do recall having the srgb on export selected but I will have to verify on the machine I made the galleries.

Please also make sure to turn off the feature that reuses existing images (or just delete the folder that you did your export into).  Also remember that you may have to force your browser to delete its cache before you will see any changes.

-Kirk

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 06:05:23 PM »
Hi just checked my PM and it did have embed srgb on web gallery and checked it in Camino and it's the same meaning in preview, photoshop, PM, and Safari the web galleries look correct and in Camino they are unsaturated, I also check the large image in photoshop and the embedded color space is srgb and everything looks good.

So there you go a Camino issue! Thanks so much for the prompt assistance....