Author Topic: Macbook Air 11,6"  (Read 17534 times)

sidewinder

Re: Macbook Air 11,6"
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »
However I am really afraid if Apple tries to keep Thunderbolt for itself and not let the PC manufacturers use it too then it will go down and USB3 will dominate the PC world and most of the periferials too.
,-(((

They can't, Intel owns the IP and has already said they will license the IP royalty-free to OEMs.

Scott

I heard a rumor that Apple has a few year exclusivity before other manufacturers can get Thinderbolt. I hope you are right and Apple won't be so crazy to block the PC wolrd out. It could easily kill the possibilities to make it wide spread.

That would be insane. This is Intel's Light Peak and Apple is an early adopter. That's all. There is no conspiracy.  Apple has a vested interest in the port becoming mainstream. Why? So companies make products that use the port.

Scott

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 02:05:23 AM »
However I am really afraid if Apple tries to keep Thunderbolt for itself and not let the PC manufacturers use it too then it will go down and USB3 will dominate the PC world and most of the periferials too.
,-(((

They can't, Intel owns the IP and has already said they will license the IP royalty-free to OEMs.

Scott

I heard a rumor that Apple has a few year exclusivity before other manufacturers can get Thinderbolt. I hope you are right and Apple won't be so crazy to block the PC wolrd out. It could easily kill the possibilities to make it wide spread.

That would be insane. This is Intel's Light Peak and Apple is an early adopter. That's all. There is no conspiracy.  Apple has a vested interest in the port becoming mainstream. Why? So companies make products that use the port.

Scott

We aggree on it. I don't know the source for my info and I hope they are false.

We need time to prove it right or wrong...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline jcduss

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 06:35:14 AM »
non, apple don't have any exclusivity, AMD anouced recently that they will put the TB in all there products. So will intel.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 11:23:06 AM »
non, apple don't have any exclusivity, AMD anouced recently that they will put the TB in all there products. So will intel.

That's good news!

I hardly wait Apple to release a new generation of MacBook Air's with Thunderbolt on them. And the Thunderbolt peripherials to be available as well of course.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 12:50:03 AM »
Here it is late August, and still no vendor to be found that makes a thunderbolt CF reader.

I just bought the latest and greatest 13" Mac Book Air -- I have to go back to using CF USB readers.   I miss the firewire.

The only other problem I've run into is that my iOne colorimeter has no driver for the new OS release, and the manufacturer has discontinued the product- so I'm forced to buying a new colorimeter to calibrate.   Having said that, I don't intend to use the MBA for any serious color work.  it's a travel computer -- to compliment rather than replace my desktop system.

Ron