Author Topic: Apple-U renaming strangeness  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Robert Scheer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Apple-U renaming strangeness
« on: July 07, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »
Hello,

A quick question which I hope has a quick solution.  

I'm running ver. 4.6.3, Mac OS X 10.5.8, 2.53 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAMwhich I've used for a couple of years.  

I always Apple-U transmit with the File Uploader.  My newspaper's system requires a rigid naming protocol, and until a couple of days ago, PM worked flawlessly for renaming.  

I now get a strange suffix:  -ON   which appears on every renamed file, like this:  10_sphsadid08.#183859-ON
The -ON is an error, and I have no idea where it's coming from.  I also tried turning off the {seqn} option, and sent something called simply test, but I still get the -ON  e.g.:  test-ON

My workflow:  I shoot RAW images, tag in photomechanic, open in Canon P-Shop plugin, quickie tone, save the files, then caption/transmit with Photomechanic.  

Attaching a screenshot of uploader as well as the uploader panel.

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

-Bob

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:42:09 PM by Robert Scheer »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Apple-U renaming strangeness
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Bob,

A quick question which I hope has a quick solution.  

I'm running ver. 4.6.3, Mac OS X 10.5.8, 2.53 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAMwhich I've used for a couple of years.  

I always Apple-U transmit with the File Uploader.  My newspaper's system requires a rigid naming protocol, and until a couple of days ago, PM worked flawlessly for renaming.  

I now get a strange suffix:  -ON   which appears on every renamed file, like this:  10_sphsadid08.#183859-ON
The -ON is an error, and I have no idea where it's coming from.  I also tried turning off the {seqn} option, and sent something called simply test, but I still get the -ON  e.g.:  test-ON

My workflow:  I shoot RAW images, tag in photomechanic, open in Canon P-Shop plugin, quickie tone, save the files, then caption/transmit with Photomechanic.  

Attaching a screenshot of uploader as well as the uploader panel.

Anybody know what's going on?

I'll take a guess that maybe you're using Code Replacement?  If so, what is your chosen Code Replacement delimiter?

If not, I'd probably have to get your settings and login information and try to reproduce it myself.  If you wish for me to try that for you, please send me a personal message with your settings and login information. 

Do not post that information here!

-Kirk

Offline Robert Scheer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
Hi,

I've used CR in the past, but haven't in the past three months, since Final Four.  Incoming.

Thx,

-B

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 05:04:29 PM »
Hello Bob,

The only time I see strange renaming in Photo Mechanic is when a rename string is copied from a document and pasted into the field. I'm suspecting that the - is coming from the carriage return and the ON is on the next line, which is not visible in PM's rename field.  Try selecting everything in the rename field with Command-A and then hit the Delete key. This will clear everything including the hidden characters. Type in your rename string and try uploading once again.

regards,

--Bob

Offline Robert Scheer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
!!!!!!!!

That did the trick!  So simple, so obvious.  Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! 

-Bob