Author Topic: FTP a folder with subfolders  (Read 4186 times)

Offline G from UK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP a folder with subfolders
« on: July 26, 2011, 03:16:59 AM »
I'm using PM 4:6.7, Windows Vista on a Vaio laptop VGN-Z11VN.

I'm can FTP batches of images selected from a contact sheet but I've been told that it is possible to send a masterfolder with subfolders and even a master folder with subfolders with subfolders in one click. I've searched everything to find out how to do this. Is it possible? If it is possible how do I do it?

Thanks
G

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP a folder with subfolders
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »
I'm can FTP batches of images selected from a contact sheet but I've been told that it is possible to send a masterfolder with subfolders and even a master folder with subfolders with subfolders in one click. I've searched everything to find out how to do this. Is it possible? If it is possible how do I do it?

You cannot do this like you're describing it.  You can open a folder and its sub-folders recursively, but reproducing the path in such a way that would be workable is difficult.  You can try to use the {folderpath} variable as the destination path and it would get you most of the way, but you probably don't want the drive letter and the colon along with its backslash in the path.  You could try using sub-string manipulation on the folderpath to skip the beginning and maybe it would work.  You would do that like so:

{folderpath:3,-1}

Give it a try.

-Kirk