Author Topic: Slideshow in Photo Mechanic off center  (Read 7980 times)

Offline charletonc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Slideshow in Photo Mechanic off center
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:28:43 PM »
I have fast Macbook Pro (MBP) playing a slideshow of images through Photo mechanic, and the images play to the right side of the screen, and not in the center like a typical slideshow should.  There are no effects being played, except fade on and fade off.  It happens on my MBP, and when I plug it into an HDMI TV, it plays on the right side of the TV screen (looks totally unprofessional).  This started happening about three months ago, and before that, it wasn't happening.  Does anybody know what I have done wrong?  Anything in Photo Mechanic I need to click on?

Photo Mechanic 4.6.7  &   Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Slideshow in Photo Mechanic off center
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
I have fast Macbook Pro (MBP) playing a slideshow of images through Photo mechanic, and the images play to the right side of the screen, and not in the center like a typical slideshow should.  There are no effects being played, except fade on and fade off.  It happens on my MBP, and when I plug it into an HDMI TV, it plays on the right side of the TV screen (looks totally unprofessional).  This started happening about three months ago, and before that, it wasn't happening.  Does anybody know what I have done wrong?  Anything in Photo Mechanic I need to click on?

Photo Mechanic 4.6.7  &   Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7

There are no settings that will correct the issue and you're not doing anything wrong.  The current slide show is incapable of running correctly on HDTV monitors.  It is also completely incompatible with Mac OS X 10.7.  We're working on a replacement slide show engine that will work on external HDTVs and with Mac OS X 10.7.  I expect a beta version in the next week or two.

-Kirk

Offline charletonc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:55:33 PM »
Interesting though Kirk, it was completely fine about about three months ago in the center of my monitor even on the HDMI TV. Was there an update on Mac os X recently (before Lion) that caused it to change? I had been playing it through an LCD HDMI TV just fine with my apple adapter from my macbook pro for the last few years.  Maybe there was up update before Lion recently that changed it. I think it started happening in April or May 2011.

Currently, with the new PM update 10.6.7 that I just installed, there is no longer any slide show capability at all with my Lion install. I tried even just getting any slide show with my images, and it's a blank screen.  I have to click cmd + opt + esc twice to turn the program off.

Thanks for responding so soon, and I would love to hear when you fix it!

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 06:23:53 AM »
Interesting though Kirk, it was completely fine about about three months ago in the center of my monitor even on the HDMI TV. Was there an update on Mac os X recently (before Lion) that caused it to change? I had been playing it through an LCD HDMI TV just fine with my apple adapter from my macbook pro for the last few years.  Maybe there was up update before Lion recently that changed it. I think it started happening in April or May 2011.

You were just 'lucky' then.  We never had any luck getting slide shows running on external HDTV screens from Mac Book Pros.

We will certainly make an announcement when a more Lion compatible release of Photo Mechanic is ready.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 02:05:11 AM »
Ah, so that's what was happening to me also; running a slideshow on our HDTV indeed looked crooked. Apart from the image being off-centre (and thereby cutting off part of it), I was also unable to get e.g., a caption beneath the image to show properly; the bottom of the screen got corrupted when I tried that.

Hope this gets fixed together with the Lion update :)
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl