Author Topic: Demo  (Read 3905 times)

Offline Dave J

• View Profile
Demo
« on: July 31, 2011, 01:16:18 AM »
Hello, can any one advise me please.
Prior to purchase I attempted to download the Demo version of Photo Mechanic, it went well up to a point then ccollapsed. I am posting here (as a newbie) because when I used the Camera Bits contact menu my email program ceased to work and took some time to repair.

I received my demo code OK but when I click on the exe file it produces the following messages after the usual box ticking operations -

"PM appears to be running right now or some other window with the name PM is currently open........."

Dont understand this as I have never installed the program as yet.
Tried removing the downloaded exe file etc and starting again with same result, have also tried disabling Norton.
Have emailed Photo Bits OK from another PC but no reply to date.
Thanks for looking.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Demo
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 02:08:51 AM »
Hi Dave, and welcome to PM!

There seems to be a little problem with the windows installer where any window with PhotoMechanic in the title would trigger this error message. Most likely you still have a browser window with that name open somewhere. Easiest is to close all windows and try again.

Hope this helps,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Dave J

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 03:10:56 AM »
Thanks for reply.
 Have it working now (Demo) I searched everywhere but the only place that said 'Photo Mechanic' was in a Word .doc where I saved some info and in emails from camera Bits. I changed the name and tried again. Cant believe that was anything to do with it especially as the doc was not open.
One other thought is that FAQs say that Photo Mechanic is 32 bit, I have Win 64 but presumably (like Nikon capture NX2) it will be OK with 64bit?
Anyway seems fine now apart from yet another long learning curve!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 06:45:45 AM »
Thanks for reply.
 Have it working now (Demo) I searched everywhere but the only place that said 'Photo Mechanic' was in a Word .doc where I saved some info and in emails from camera Bits. I changed the name and tried again. Cant believe that was anything to do with it especially as the doc was not open.
One other thought is that FAQs say that Photo Mechanic is 32 bit, I have Win 64 but presumably (like Nikon capture NX2) it will be OK with 64bit?
Anyway seems fine now apart from yet another long learning curve!

32-bit applications work fine on Windows 64-bit systems.  Photo Mechanic works fine on all of the 64-bit variants of Windows from XP through 7.

-Kirk

Offline Dave J

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:54:32 AM »
Thank you