Author Topic: seqn variable  (Read 4904 times)

Offline oryk

• View Profile
seqn variable
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:25:23 AM »
Hallo,

why does the <seqn>-variable increase during ingest-job despite the fact that the <Rename Ingested Photos As>-box and the <Sequence>-box are unchecked ?

An option to avoid this would be very helpful.

- Regards

-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: seqn variable
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:28:06 AM »
Oryk,

why does the <seqn>-variable increase during ingest-job despite the fact that the <Rename Ingested Photos As>-box and the <Sequence>-box are unchecked ?

Are you applying an IPTC Stationery Pad during the Ingest and are you using the Sequence variable in any of the IPTC Stationery Pad's fields?  If so then this is expected behavior.  If not, we'd consider it a bug which would need to be fixed.  No option (checkbox) would be added.

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »
Oryk,

Are you applying an IPTC Stationery Pad during the Ingest and are you using the Sequence variable in any of the IPTC Stationery Pad's fields?  If so then this is expected behavior.  If not, we'd consider it a bug which would need to be fixed.  No option (checkbox) would be added.

-Kirk

Yes, I did so. Thank you for the conceivable explanation.

-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »
Oryk,

Are you applying an IPTC Stationery Pad during the Ingest and are you using the Sequence variable in any of the IPTC Stationery Pad's fields?  If so then this is expected behavior.  If not, we'd consider it a bug which would need to be fixed.  No option (checkbox) would be added.

-Kirk

Kirk,

I'm applying the local IPTC Stationery Pad without Sequence variables. But the global IPTC Stationery Pad (I do not use during the Ingest) contents a Sequence variable.

-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »
Oryk,

-Kirk

Kirk,

I'm applying the local IPTC Stationery Pad without Sequence variables. But the global IPTC Stationery Pad (I do not use during the Ingest) contents a Sequence variable.

OK, we'll look into that then.

Thanks,

-Kirk