Author Topic: Daisy Chain  (Read 2870 times)

Offline runner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Daisy Chain
« on: August 02, 2011, 04:26:35 AM »
Hi
I'm wondering whether it would be viable & of interest to other PM users to request a feature that would daisy chain some of or all the image processing options together (Save As, Copy, Rename, FTP, Email), It's something i would use to maybe save a high resolution version & web resolution version of the same image or maybe copy the same image to multiple folders, i guess the list of possibilities could be endless, if it's user customizable & it's technically possible to implement.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:31:38 PM by runner »

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Daisy Chain
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »
As I remember one of the earlier versions of Phase One software Capture One had similar export features. It had 2 or 3 tabs on the export window and checking them and setting up resolutions and the rest would cause the export to generate multiple formats of output files in different locations.

It is not a must for me but in certain cases it can be useful. The question is how hard to implement it is and how much need there is for it.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Daisy Chain
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
Hi,
I am not quite sure how frequently I would use this feature, but it would certainly be nice to know PM could do it if necessary.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi