Author Topic: PM Disappears and can't be restarted w/o reboot.  (Read 3648 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
PM Disappears and can't be restarted w/o reboot.
« on: October 01, 2006, 07:30:17 PM »
I have had PM (Windows, v.4.4.3.3) do a flakey thing on two different systems.  It simply disappers from the task bar like it was closed down and then I can't restart it.  I do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and can't see it on the task list nor the process list.  Trying to double-click on the icon gets nothing.  The only solution is to do a complete shut down the PC and restart it.  Then PM starts right up.

It is so subtle that I haven't been able to find a common set of actions or steps to recreat the problem.  It occured a few times on my laptop, but I wrote off to something that I did and didn't really connect the inablity to restart to PM to something related to PM.  Today, on our on-site event view system, my customer-service person called me 3 times on the radio to say that PM had disappeared from the task bar and that she was unable to restart it.  Rebooting got it going.

I will continue to try to find the steps to recreate the problem, but I wanted to put this on your radar screen and see if anyone has seen this behavior.

Thanks!

-Mike
Fairfield Photography

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Disappears and can't be restarted w/o reboot.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 07:49:19 PM »
Mike,

I have had PM (Windows, v.4.4.3.3) do a flakey thing on two different systems.  It simply disappers from the task bar like it was closed down and then I can't restart it.  I do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and can't see it on the task list nor the process list.  Trying to double-click on the icon gets nothing.  The only solution is to do a complete shut down the PC and restart it.  Then PM starts right up.

It is so subtle that I haven't been able to find a common set of actions or steps to recreat the problem.  It occured a few times on my laptop, but I wrote off to something that I did and didn't really connect the inablity to restart to PM to something related to PM.  Today, on our on-site event view system, my customer-service person called me 3 times on the radio to say that PM had disappeared from the task bar and that she was unable to restart it.  Rebooting got it going.

I will continue to try to find the steps to recreate the problem, but I wanted to put this on your radar screen and see if anyone has seen this behavior.

Thanks!

-Mike
Fairfield Photography

Please re-download and reinstall Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.3 and the problem will be solved.  Please tell others in your workgroup to do the same.

There was a problem in the initial release of version 4.4.3.3 that was corrected a day later.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Kirk