Author Topic: tagging and editing  (Read 1935 times)

Offline jporterpictures

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
tagging and editing
« on: August 07, 2011, 02:33:23 AM »
Hi

When I am editing a job I download the whole card into a folder on my desktop.  I then create another folder for my edit.  I do my editing by tagging with the tick instead of using the colour coding method.  My edits are usually quick and not final. 

I then copy the edit into my edit folder and open these in Photoshop.  If i decide not to use a picture once I've looked at it in photoshop I close it down without saving it.  I proceed to work on the pictures I have decided to use then close and save them.

Before I upgraded to the latest photo mechanic the pictures I had worked on and saved no longer had a tick and the ones I had closed without working on or saving still had a tick.  This meant I could delete them from my edit folder.  With the new version of PM all pictures still have a tick regardless if they are worked on or not.  This makes it hard to see which ones I have worked on.  I have looked in preferences and can't see anything to change this.  Could anyone help me out.  Sorry if this is long winded!

I am also having problems with Lion.  Is there any set date for the new PM coming out?

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: tagging and editing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 06:43:37 AM »
When I am editing a job I download the whole card into a folder on my desktop.  I then create another folder for my edit.  I do my editing by tagging with the tick instead of using the colour coding method.  My edits are usually quick and not final. 

I then copy the edit into my edit folder and open these in Photoshop.  If i decide not to use a picture once I've looked at it in photoshop I close it down without saving it.  I proceed to work on the pictures I have decided to use then close and save them.

Before I upgraded to the latest photo mechanic the pictures I had worked on and saved no longer had a tick and the ones I had closed without working on or saving still had a tick.  This meant I could delete them from my edit folder.  With the new version of PM all pictures still have a tick regardless if they are worked on or not.  This makes it hard to see which ones I have worked on.  I have looked in preferences and can't see anything to change this.  Could anyone help me out.  Sorry if this is long winded!

In the Files tab of the Preferences dialog, make sure the setting 'Add tag, color class, and rating to IPTC/XMP:' is set to 'Never'.  Photoshop should now wipe out the soft edits (like tag) when it modifies files.

Quote from: jporterpictures
I am also having problems with Lion.  Is there any set date for the new PM coming out?

See the Announcements section of the forums.  The 4.6.8 beta that addresses all known Lion issues is now available.

-Kirk

Offline jporterpictures

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: tagging and editing
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »
thanks Kirk.  All problems solved.

PM rocks!