Author Topic: PM rating and IPTC captions not showing in Lightroom  (Read 4742 times)

Offline AndrewG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Gyopar Photographer
PM rating and IPTC captions not showing in Lightroom
« on: June 20, 2011, 06:09:57 AM »
I've searched the forum and found a number of threads on this topic. Unfortunately none of the suggestions posted so far seem to work for me.

I have been using the combination of PM and Lightroom 3 successfully on my MacBook Pro (MBP) for some time now. Using PM for sorting and rating and LR for editing. I have just bought a MacBook Air (MBA) and wanted to have the same setup on it also.

On the new MBA, LR is not reading the star ratings and IPTC captions that I have set in PM. I have checked the settings on the MBP and they seem to be the same as the MBA, so it should work on the MBA just like it does on my MBP.

I have read Kirk's PM forum posts and double checked that in PM Preferences | Files "Add tag, color class, and rating to IPTC/XMP: FOR ALL PHOTOS is set.

I have also re-imported the photos to Lightroom and (in LR) re-read the metadata from files. But the PM ratings and captions are not coming up in LR.

I've included screen shots of my File and IPTC/XMP preferences.

Other information that may be relevant:

PM version 4.6.7
    LR version 3.4.1
    Mac OS X version 10.6.5

Please help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM rating and IPTC captions not showing in Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 06:19:32 AM »
Andrew,

I've searched the forum and found a number of threads on this topic. Unfortunately none of the suggestions posted so far seem to work for me.

I have been using the combination of PM and Lightroom 3 successfully on my MacBook Pro (MBP) for some time now. Using PM for sorting and rating and LR for editing. I have just bought a MacBook Air (MBA) and wanted to have the same setup on it also.

On the new MBA, LR is not reading the star ratings and IPTC captions that I have set in PM. I have checked the settings on the MBP and they seem to be the same as the MBA, so it should work on the MBA just like it does on my MBP.

I have read Kirk's PM forum posts and double checked that in PM Preferences | Files "Add tag, color class, and rating to IPTC/XMP: FOR ALL PHOTOS is set.

I have also re-imported the photos to Lightroom and (in LR) re-read the metadata from files. But the PM ratings and captions are not coming up in LR.

I've included screen shots of my File and IPTC/XMP preferences.

Other information that may be relevant:

PM version 4.6.7
    LR version 3.4.1
    Mac OS X version 10.6.5

Please help.

Change your writing of XMP sidecar files to 'always' instead of 'updating when they exist'.

-Kirk

Offline AndrewG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Gyopar Photographer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 06:30:27 AM »
That was it.

Thank you for your help and your speedy reply.

Andrew

Offline rbuchner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »
Hi,
I bought a new pc and cant make it synch labels with Adobe apps. I read all about it (the manual and many posts on forum), made it exactlly as told, but doesn't work.
What am I missing?
Ricardo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »
Ricardo,

I bought a new pc and cant make it synch labels with Adobe apps. I read all about it (the manual and many posts on forum), made it exactlly as told, but doesn't work.
What am I missing?

What kind of photos are you working with (filename extension, please)?
Are XMP sidecar files being generated?
Are you telling Lightroom to re-read metadata after you make changes in PM?

-Kirk