Author Topic: Extracting description info en masse  (Read 1864 times)

Offline km1001

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Extracting description info en masse
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:37:06 AM »
Hi --

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.5.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.4.11 on my Dual 867 MHz PowerPC G4 Mac.

I'm shooting massive numbers of product shots. I need to extract the information I put in the description field and move it, along with the image name, to an Excel file -- a csv Excel file. (So far, I can't get this file to open on my mac and may have to work on a PC without Photo Mechanic.) Is there any way to get this information onto one sheet or must I go frame by frame? I'm willing to upgrade.

Thanks for any guidance.

KM1001

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Extracting description info en masse
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.5.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.4.11 on my Dual 867 MHz PowerPC G4 Mac.

I'm shooting massive numbers of product shots. I need to extract the information I put in the description field and move it, along with the image name, to an Excel file -- a csv Excel file. (So far, I can't get this file to open on my mac and may have to work on a PC without Photo Mechanic.) Is there any way to get this information onto one sheet or must I go frame by frame? I'm willing to upgrade.

You can use the Exporter (the Text template) to do this.  Have it export to a single file.  Use this as the string to export:

{filename},{caption}{nl}

That should do it.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline km1001

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Extracting description info en masse
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 05:01:44 AM »
Perfect. Thank you so much.
KM